- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
Our club collects the following data:
- Personal identification information: Name, postal address, email address, phone number, username/screen name/forum alias
How do we collect your data?
You directly choose to provide our club with the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order or purchase for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a survey, provide content, messaging or feedback on any of our message boards, social media websites such as Facebook, Twitter or Instagram or via email.
- Use or view our website or message boards via your browser’s cookies.
- Place an order or purchase items at any social events/club events/car shows that we are present at.
- Contribute articles and media for inclusion and publication within any periodically produced magazines for club members.
Our club does not indirectly obtain your personal information from any other sources.
How will we use your data?
Our club collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order and manage your account.
- Inform you of special offers on other products, services & events we think you might like.
- Inform you of information on upcoming events and social gatherings
If you agree, our club will share your data with our partner companies so that they may fulfil orders that you may place for branded and personalised goods such as clothing.
- Promenade Shirts & Embroidery Ltd, Queens Promenade, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM2 4ED
When our Club processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from Paypal to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
Our club securely stores your data using Microsoft 365 applications.
Our club will keep your membership details for one year. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data by removing your access to the club members forum/message board/online magazine viewing and by regular purging of expired membership names.
Our club would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like. However, we do not provide your personal information to any of our partner companies for this purpose.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop our club from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What are your data protection rights?
Our club would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request our club for copies of your personal data. We do not levy any fees for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that our club correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request our club to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that our club erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that our club restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our club’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that our club transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com
Or write to us: TT Owners Club, PO Box 756, Wallsend, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE28 5DF, United Kingdom
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Our club uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Our club uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or write to us at: TT Owners Club, PO Box 756, Wallsend, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE28 5DF, United Kingdom
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that our club has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Concept and production: